“The rapidly evolving consumer landscape is dramatically changing the game in the food industry,” says John Haugen, vice-president and general manager of 301 Inc., a business development venture capital firm that will work with food and beverage industry start-up companies.
301 Inc. began as a new business development team within General Mills in 2012. The name comes from the address of the original Pillsbury Mill. 301 Inc. With this legacy name as its heartbeat 301 Inc. will seek to meet “consumer needs faster than ever by combining the vision and passion of entrepreneurs with General Mills extensive capabilities.”
In addition to seeking out new brands and new products to meet growing consumer needs for healthier, natural, organic products, General Mills is not only looking at new items to drive market sales but revamping the old. Take a look below to learn some interesting facts about some of America’s favorite snack bars.
The Bar: Nature Valle Oats and Honey Bars
- Its significance: #1 bar brand in convenience stores with a 94% awareness
- General Mills (GM) Revamps:
- August 2015 the bar was made easier to bite with a crunch reformulation
- October 2015 new consumer messaging to promote that the brand has no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- Fall of 2016 – expect to see new brand packaging
The Bar: Fiber One
- It’s significance: Fiber One is the #1 selling fiber bar
- GM Revamps:
- April 2016 – Fiber One Oats & Chocolate will have no artificial flavors or sweeteners
For more information about healthy snack and beverage options for your New York City breakroom, contact your New York City vending partner Healthy Vending at 917.572.3671 to discuss your customized break room solution.